Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The journey thus begins....

A long cherished dream finally comes to fruition, in 4 hours from now I will embark on a trip across the nation, a Bharat-yatra one can say. The original plan encompassed a travel around all the 29 states across a span of 45 days. But rarely ever are idealistic visions translated into reality in their complete sense. Hence, the journey has been cut down to 21 days and the states intended to be covered, 17. I am always short of words when I am asked about the intent of this journey. I am not known among friends and family as an avid traveller and hence they seem the most surprised. The intent is simple, to know my nation better. I cannot pride myself on being an Indian(as I most often do), an Indian who knows his country well, if my only physical exposure to the country is restricted to a few cities and my native place. Hence the desire to journey around the country. The garbs that I don will be many, at times those of a tourist, at others those of a philosopher, an ascetic, a scholar, but they will all be driven by one single desire.....the pursuit of knowledge.
I shall try and post logs of my journey as often as I can, but a complete record of my journey in its exact chronology shall be posted on this blog by the end of next month.

1 comment:

Kaushik said...

Good luck for your journey and I sincerely hope that you don't give gyan to anyone on your journey, as that may result in some kind of a serious injury. Please do post your experience once you come back.