Sunday, November 05, 2006

A struggle called life

My body takes to this cold floor well, I continue to lie against it. My chest heaves in rhythm to the guitars that play in the background. If my heart were to beat any faster it may explode. This pain I put myself through is addictive. A few minutes ago every muscle in my legs strained to carry my body forward, at the decree of a mind wishing to maintain a steady, swift pace. He'd screamed to stop, this hurt was killing, every nerve racing to the brain signalling an aching,.... an incessant aching. But in the battle of mind over body, the strong willed wins, all pleas go unheard.
.......And a wave of heat rises off me, this pain slowly begins to cease,.....this bittersweet pain. A brief moment of peace comes alive, elusive as it has been for quiet awhile. I know it won't last for long, I savour every minute of it. The calm ebbs and I know it will soon be over, the music returns to my ears, my senses begin to respond to the cool floor. I know I have to rise soon and return to life,... a struggle called life.

No comments: